Saturday, April 9, 2011

In Addition to Art

Anyone who has watched my inspirational video by Growing Bolder knows that in addition to art, I like to think of myself as athletic. This morning my husband and I completed the Columbia Muddy Buddy at ESPN Wide World of Sports in Disney World, FL. What a great time and a great cause!

All proceeds from this race series go to the Challenged Athletes Foundation, which helps people with physical disabilities, including many of our wounded veterans, prepare for an active lifestyle and participate in competitive athletics. Some amazing men who returned from Iraq without legs were there to show us all that where there is a will, there is a way! They all had "running legs" on and they were not only competing in this obstacle course, run/ride... but all of them have done bigger, better races as well!

My husband and I really enjoyed our run/ride and obstacle course, including rope wall and mud pit this morning starting at 6am!

The Muddy Buddy is raising funds for a great cause, check out this informative CAF video on YouTube. They are bringing this race to 18 cities this year, check their website to see if it will be coming to your area!

In the mean time, check out my Facebook Fan Page for an album awesome down and dirty photos from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)