Thursday, August 19, 2010

Music to my Eyes Under-Painting

©2010 St.Hilaire Nelson

I have under-painted the flamenco dancer (yet to be titled) and I am experimenting with applying opposite color. This means, where it is green, I will add red paper, where it is purple I will add yellow paper, and where it is orange I will ad blue paper. My plan is to leave a little bit of the under-painted color showing through between collage pieces, allowing that opposite color to visually vibrate with the collage papers.

We'll see how it goes!

8 comments:

  1. Love the under painting, really looking forward to what it looks like all collaged up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will indeed see how it goes! This sounds like a fantastic idea, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Elizabeth - she has such movement, you can almost hear the music. My entry for title: "Ruffles and Flourishes."

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great already - looking forward to seeing how you play with the complements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stupendous already! oh, what's to come after!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the underpainting idea for an added dimension. i suggest you download "Gyspy Legends" for some great flamenco music while you work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys! I've got more to share with you.... She's almost done!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)