Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Painting Collage Papers, Part Four




Dry Brushing
This is a nice example of the dry brush technique. First I took this sheet of art paper and dry brushed dark green onto it with a dry brush dipped very lightly in fluid acrylics. I zipped the brush lightly across the sheet without much pressure. The nature of this paper is very absorbent, so the ink sinks right in and does not spread much.

After I let the dry brushing dry in the sun for about 10 minutes, I took the paper back into the studio and mixed up some lime green (analogous color, see older posts) with much water so that it was very translucent. I quickly but completely brushed this color over the top of the dark green dry brushing, to cover all of the art paper.

The effect is a nice green toned paper with much texture that would be very good for grass or tree leaves. I really like the way this sheet came out!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and I have enjoyed it very much.. I will visit again.
    Katelen

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)