Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Painting Paper for Paper Paintings


Try Saying THAT Five Times Fast
Here are some papers I have been staining and painting with inks and acrylics for future collages. I have been emailing back and forth with Jo Reimer and she has been very generous with her time, tutoring me through her process for painting papers. Jo and I traded papers, she answered my "Calling All Collage Artists" call for paper swap -- she sent me some of the most beautiful papers I have in my collection to date! I have been using her papers and incorporating them into some of my most recent work, including Life's Lemons.

Here are some of the first few papers I have created so far, I really like the blending of the green to yellow and the vibrant orange. You never know what results you will get!

2 comments:

  1. oh how wonderful...you are so inspiring and I am so glad to have met you!! I will work on some papers too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Elizabeth! I have been wondering about papers you stamp. Do you use stamps you purchase or make your own or???? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)